Handling food warmers and other containers
- Avoid burns by taking the time to protect your hands and arms from hot or burning objects.
- When you need to handle food warmers, carry them atop trays or while wearing protective gloves or cotton or silicone oven mitts, or at the very least using a cotton towel.
- Keep these recipients for the very end so they can cool. Avoid transporting hot water in a container that is open or not airtight.
- Always snuff out the burners and never handle these without gloves.
- Be careful when handling coffeemakers, hotplates, hot water pots, soup pots, etc.
- Remember to wear gloves and long sleeves.